Cantina San Giorgio

Cantina San Giorgio

The "Vini San Giorgio" Winery was born thanks to the initiative of 47 Founding Members who on November 8th 1951 gave life to the Constitutive Act. The initial part of the parchment placed together with the first stone in the foundations of the Cellar states: "For the salvation of the vine, for a progress of agriculture, for the economic improvement of the farmers who are between Pinzano and Valvasone ..." The pen of who wrote that phrase seems to emphasize the intentions and programs of the Founding Members, in reality the purposes of that time are those that still guide and animate the productive and commercial strategies of the Winery. The Cooperative currently associates over 300 members who, thanks to increasingly specialized cultivation techniques, modern equipment, marked sensitivity in the cultivation of the vine, confer a product that increasingly enhances the quality and characteristics of the famous DOC grape varieties “Friuli Grave ".