The estate of 500 Hectares was purchased in 1989 by John and Kathe Dyson, whose love of Tuscany led them to embark on a restoration of the Estate which included the Palladian Villa and Park built by the original owner, the Marchese Incontri in the 1700’s. New Vineyards and Olive Orchards were planted and the Winery re-furbished and modernized.Currently 40 Hectares of Vineyards have been planted, positioned on the best sites of the estate to benefit from soil types and aspect. Newly available grape variety clones and rootstocks have been selected to maximize potential quality. Vineyard vine densities / Hectare combined with specific trellising are designed for low yields of high quality grapes. Because of a strong focus on quality in both the vineyard and winery, Villa Pillo is fast becoming a point of reference in the Tuscan wine world.